If you ask the typical player what they seek for in new games, excitement, intensity, and visuals are often listed as the most essential qualities.
There are even more considerations to consider now that it is possible to earn bitcoin and non-fungible tokens (NFTs) while play axie infinity. There is an increasing desire for games that combine traditional gameplay with an innovative and player-centered economy.
Axie Infinity, an Ethereum-based game that integrates iconic Pokemon themes to the blockchain world, is one of the best examples of this new genre. In 2021, the platform surged to popularity swiftly and became the gold standard for blockchain-based gaming for a while.
And, despite some bumps on the road in 2022 (to say the least), play axie infinity remains one of the most popular crypto game titles in the industry’s brief existence.
Furthermore, play axie infinity: Origin, a new free-to-play version, has just been published.
What is Axie Infinity all about?
Sky Mavis, a blockchain development business focused in producing games with player-owned economies, created and owns Axie Infinity, an online game.
Many of the card-based elements we’ve grown to love in Pokemon are present in this game, with the exception that it incorporates the notion of NFTs, allowing players to fully own and monetize their in-game assets.
Prior to the release of the free-to-play version, users had to buy three Axies from the in-game shop to begin the game. This is where current users may attempt to generate money by selling their leveled-up Axies to others. In late 2020, one Axie — a triple mystic-trait Axie named “Angel” – sold for 300 ETH. At today’s values, it would be worth about $930,000.
Axies are NFT creatures with distinct characteristics and combat skills. If players want to have the greatest chance of winning, they must carefully choose their beginning Axies.
Players compete with their monsters for the opportunity to earn coins, which can then be swapped for other cryptocurrencies and, eventually, fiat currency.
What is the mechanism behind Axie Infinity?
As previously said, the whole gameplay of Axie Infinity relies on the strategic use of Axies’ combat qualities to outduel opponents and gain prizes in the process.
You may choose to compete against other players or non-player combatants known as Chimeras. In both circumstances, you must get three Axies with which to launch different schemes in the hopes of becoming victorious. You may use a variety of attack and defensive techniques depending on the sort of Axies you have.
If you’re curious about how fighting powers are spread or assigned to Axies, check out the table below:
- Axie stats: Axies have four distinct stats: health, morale, skill, and speed. Axies’ fighting mechanics are determined by these metrics, which reflect the amount of damage an Axie can deal and take, as well as who gets to make the initial move.
- Axie classes: Another thing to keep in mind is that Axies are divided into nine different categories (six are normal and the remaining three are secret classes). Beast, Aquatic, Bird, Bug, Plant, and Reptile are the most common classifications. Mech, Dawn, and Dusk are the three mysterious classes. Some courses have an advantage over others. Aquatic, for example, has an edge against Beast, Mech, and Bug Axies. They are vulnerable to the Dusk, Plant, and Reptile Axies.
- Ears, horns, eyes, mouth, back, and tail: Each Axie has six bodily parts: ears, horns, eyes, mouth, back, and tail. With the exception of the ears and eyes, all have unique fighting skills.
- Smooth Love Potion: You will get awards in Smooth Love Potion (SLP), an Ethereum-based currency unique to the Axie Infinity ecosystem, if you win a match. After then, the SLP tokens may be used to breed young Axies.
- Axie breeding: You may breed Axies seven times in total. The initial breeding cycle needs the least quantity of SLP to begin, but as the breeding cycle progresses, the amount of SLP required rises.
- Axie genes: When breeding Axies, keep in mind that each parent Axie’s body part possesses dominant, recessive, and mild recessive genes that may be handed down to the kids.
Now that you have a basic grasp of Axies and their characteristics, it’s worth noting that the Axie Infinity world contains additional tokenized goods known as Lunacia.
Users may also own pieces of land in addition to Axies. This phase of the game is fascinating because owners may modify and monetize their land pieces. In play axie infinity, you may create objects on your property, such as stores, and earn passive money from them.
Lunacia has a total of 90,601 parcels of land. Each plot of land has four degrees of rarity: common, rare, epic, and mystic, as well as five different kinds of land that players may own: savanna, forest, arctic, mystic, and genesis.
Sky Mavis, the inventor of Axie Infinity, has designed and implemented a high-speed sidechain that enables players to escape the Ethereum blockchain’s cost and time inefficiency. Axie Infinity can now process transactions on its platform nearly immediately thanks to this.
What exactly is AXS?
Axie Infinity is a platform that aims to create a completely decentralized gaming environment. The objective is to entirely pass over Axie Infinity’s administration and governance to the players.
To that aim, the platform introduced Axie Infinity Shards, a governance ERC-20 token (AXS). Holders of AXS tokens are raised to the position of decision-makers, with the ability to vote on operational adjustments and future advancements, among other things.
This is, nevertheless, a work in progress. Sky Mavis still retains command of sensitive procedures and systems for the time being. AXS, on the other hand, may be staked to gain prizes.
The Ronin assault and the SLP price drop
Axie Infinity ‘s profitable characteristics, particularly the cash received from the emission of SLP, has aided the game’s appeal, with the Philippines accounting for a substantial portion of its user population.
Interestingly, many in underdeveloped nations viewed Axie Infinity as a way to earn considerably more than their national minimum wage, with some even making it a full-time profession.
However, Axie Infinity’s journey has not always been easy. Skeptics have highlighted concerns about the economy’s long-term viability and its dependence on an inflation-prone structure. The initial incentive scheme, as well as the fact that new players had to pay money to begin playing the game, resulted in an endless supply of SLPs and Axies.